Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Unruliest birds of all!

This evening I "taught" the "Drawing Unruly Bird" class at the Kirland Library.  Usually there are almost all adults in my classes, but because it's summer vacation, there were tons of kids.  I didn't teach them a thing...they all came up with the most amazing, creative unruly birds possible on their own.  Here's a sampling of the artists at work:

I love the different tail feathers!


Flap!  Flap!  Indeed!


Birds in spaceships, mama bird walking a snake on a leash, daddy bird with a bowtie, bowler hat and a cane, baby bird with a little backpack and yellow sneakers...in a zillion years I couldn't have come up with something this imaginative!


Do you just love mama bird with her purses?


Elegant


A colorful sampler:


I love the bird with the feather in a headband...a hippie bird, perhaps?  Did you notice "Goldlilocks has chicken pox"?


And the littlest artist proudly displaying his work

  More photos tomorrow!

7 comments:

Beth E-R said...

Out of this (adult) world creativeness!

malia said...

hi cindy, thanks for the great class the other night. i had a lot of fun! i'm your newest "follower" pop over to my blog too if you like! xoxo malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

lisa said...

It was a great class! Thank you again.

This is the blog I thought of when you said 30 birds in 30 days:

http://lisasonorabeam.com/

Kind regards,
Lisa & Stephanie

mayaluna said...

I would have loved to join you for this class! What great bird creations came out of your evening! Love them!

Cindy Pestka said...

What a lovely surprise to hear from several folks in the class. I will definitely check out all of your blog/site suggestions. A girl can never have too much eye candy or inspiration. Please feel free to email any other drawings you do and I'll happily post them here.

Hope to see you again soon!

lisa said...

One more for you!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jolieguillebeau/sets/72157623331276971/

Cindy Pestka said...

Oh my very goodness...those women are PROLIFIC! One thousand? One thousand? That is a 1 followed THREE zeros. And I am so impressed with the artist who is painting 100 works in 100 days...each one is beautiful.

As crazy as it seemed, having the 30-day deadline really pushed me and had me be more productive than I imagined I could be.

Oh no...do I feel another deadline / challenge coming on???