Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mongo Steamroller Printing Press


While on a semi-desperate search for a bathroom near the end of our Georgetown Garden Tour, we stumbled upon the Georgetown Ballroom.  It's a beautiful venue with subtle asian influences throughout.  I'll post photos of the inside tomorrow, but this crazy print-making was going on that day in the courtyard.  Yes, they were actually using a steamroller to print the sheets...and yes, the results were amazingly cool.  I love, love, love the art nouveau style peacocks.






3 comments:

Beth E-R said...

We ran out of time while doing the Georgetown Garden walk, so we didn't make it to this snazzy printing demo. I had even circled it on my map. I'm so glad you took so many great pictures of it. Way cooler than I imagined.

Lisa of Lisa's Little House said...

We gotta get us a steamroller! Oh wait... I may have one in my craft room already...
You find/experience/share the darnedest things. Thanks!

Cindy Pestka said...

Ha! If ANYONE would already have a steamroller, it would be "The Salvager Formerly Known as a Salvage Sister". I betcha we could McGyver up some kind of gizmo and try it at our next art day!