Thursday, March 18, 2010

Son of "Lie of Omission"


OK, here are some misleading photos from my front yard. Well, actually this photo is NOT misleading...this poor birdcage fell off my deck in a windstorm and ended up suffering some serious structure damage...but I keep it on my front porch anyway.
.
I got tired of these glass ornaments hanging in an indoor window so I moved them to the garden last year. They've weathered the elements awfully well...and I love the color they add. The stake is an old curtain rod from Ikea that I didn't need anymore; I plunked one half of it in the ground and used fishing line to tie the glass ornaments onto it. The 2 blue glass orbs in front are solar-powered and glow rainbow colors at night.
.

My friend Tracie offered me this funky little house after she unearthed it in the wild jungle of her backyard when she first bought her home. Personally, I thought she was MENTAL to give it up, but she thought I was MENTAL to want it. Clearly, MENTAL is in the eye of the beholder...
-
.
And this ethereal statue/vase was given to me by Piz, a dear friend who is an avid gardener and even more enthusiastic garden-arter.
.

No comments: