Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Garden...A BIG Lie of Omission

OK...here's my disclosure. These photos of my yard are NOT representative of my garden in general. They are the tidy, fun, artistic bits...the ones that might make people say, "Wow...I wish MY garden were that nice." Gentle Readers, please understand that my garden is in fact NOT that nice. I very, very deliberately neglected to record the bedraggled, weed-ridden areas for posterity. Oh, they're there, all right...just ask my (long-suffering) neighbors. So enjoy the pictures, but you are NOT allowed to feel guilty for neglecting your garden for one single nano-second.
.
This is the side of my house...a shady pathway that leads down to the (dreaded) backyard:
.
.
A neighbor was giving away all of these bamboo stakes last summer so I scooped a bunch up and "planted" them on the side of my house. And the city of Seattle sells old street signs and I thought this one would be a fun addition:
.
.
And here's a "plant" that even I can't kill!
.

No comments: