Monday, March 8, 2010

My art studio

Here are a few shots from my art room...huge silk flowers in a old "BEST Fancy Oranges" tin on top of the shelves that hold my jewelry supplies:
.

.
This is a funky little storage unit I made. I cut the lids off 3 cigar boxes to create the "drawers" and then embellished the fronts. Then I found cardboard boxes or cigar boxes that were slightly bigger than each "drawer", cut off the front panels and then covered them with decorative paper. After stacking them, I tied a ridiculously long zipper around the whole thing to keep them together and then glued little spools of pink thread on the bottom as feet.

The "cupcake" in the background was a birthday present from my good friend, Julie Sotomura; she made it as part of her "Knitted Nonsense" line. The "A" and "I" blocks represent "Artgirl Island".
.

...
This is a simple wire basket filled with random vintage papers and journal makings and a small painting I found at a thrift store:
..
.
And this little embellished trellis purchased at a dollar store covers the door:
.

No comments: