Monday, September 13, 2010

A Case of the Mondays, #1

Welcome to a new feature here on Artgirl Island...A Case of the Mondays.

Have you seen the cult classic movie, Office Space?  It is hi-larious.  It's about 3 disgruntled computer geeks who work for the boss from hell at the company from hell.  As they grumble into their soul-less cubicles on Monday morning the office chatterbox greets them with a revoltingly cheerful, "Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!"



But here on Artgirl Island, Mondays are different.  Mondays are just one more opportunity to be inspired and to create a little bit of art wherever we happen to find ourselves.

So each Monday I'll post something that I hope will jolt your creativity, with the catch being that I'll only use things that I find in or around my office.  Once I started looking, I was surprised at the amount of creative fodder that I had been overlooking.

So without further ado, here's your first A Case of the Mondays...Artgirl Island style.

We all have those cheesy vendor calendars laying around, right?  You know the ones I'm talking about; they either have predictable nature photos or dorky inspirational quotes or worse...both.  I snagged one such calendar off the wall and borrowed the Engineering Department's Pantone Color Guide...and presto, chango...a cool color study in fabulous blues and brilliant yellows.



Bonus Assignment:  Take a moment and look around YOUR work space...where is there a bit of color or texture or design that draws your eye, lights you up?  Let me know what you find!

No comments: